Sunday, January 27, 2013

you always want what you can't have

I have wavy/curly, thick, frizzy hair. From about 6th grade to 10th grade I tried to hide it in a bun and ponytail. I hated it. So much. When the "in" hairstyle was straight hair, I felt severely out of place. Finally around 11th grade I decided to accept my hair for what it is. Which is annoying and at times unmanageable, but mine.

Da curls. This my hair on a good day. Don't mind the selfie. 

Here are a few tips to love your curly hair and how to manage it when it seems unmanageable.

1. The first and most effective trick that I know of is to keep your hair long. It weighs my hair down and doesn't make is so poofy.

2. I don't use hair products. Gels and frizz products just make my hair look greasy, unnatural, and just downright gross. The best fix is put some water on your hair and it will ease the frizz and make the curls look better.

3. Let your hair air dry. Blow drying it just makes in looks ten times worse.

4. Get a wand. A wand is like a curling iron without the clamp. They are lifesavers. If I sleep on my hair wet its creates a huge mess. A wand creates better looking curls in a short amount of time.

5. Love your hair. Everyone wants what they can't have. Love the fact that you can have straight and curly hair whenever you please. It rocks.

love yoself,


No comments:

Post a Comment