Wednesday, January 23, 2013

how to be fashionable for the unfashionable

Fashion has always troubled me. I tend to gravitate towards a simplistic style because it's difficult for me to think of outfit ideas on my own.

Over the years I have found a couple fool-proof ways for fashion novices like me.

1. find a fashion confidant: find a friend/sibling/parent that you can always go to for outfit advice and fashion questions

2. make an inspiration board: whether you use pinterest, polyvore or cut outfits you like from magazines, it is good to visualize your fashion ideas. But the key here is to be realistic. Make sure the outfits you are "pinning" complement your body. I love cable sweaters, but they don't work with my figure, so I don't pin them. here's a link to my personal style board on pinterest.  (Olivia's Pinterest Style Board)

 

3. find a style icon: this person can inspire you and give you new fashion ideas. don't be afraid to have multiple icons! And remember, your style changes over the time, so can your icon!


No comments:

Post a Comment