Thursday, January 31, 2013

short hair don't care

Short hair. A scary thought, right?

It was for me too. 

When I was five my mom was in the hospital for a while and my father took care of my brother and I. My dad did not realize how crucial it was to help me brush my hair everyday, so when my mom got out of the hospital my hair was in knots. Needless to say, my mom took me to the salon and I got a short haircut, I hated it. From that day on, I refused to ever cut my hair short again.

Then my junior year of high school I thought about cutting my hair short. I thought long and hard. Was my hair the right texture? Is it too straight? Do people even like short hair?

After almost a year of deliberation, last summer I decided to cut it short.

before


After 
(Yes both pics are from disneyland and with my boyfriend)



Things to consider when wanting to cut your hair short:
1. Do i really want this?
2. I am ready for a extra maintenance? (short hair needs a lot of care and prep time)
3. find celebs/style icons that have similar hair to you (just because you like a style it may not work for your head shape or hair texture)

here are some of my favorite styles:

My hair icon for my current length

A great starter length, not too short and daring.  Good for girls unsure if they want short hair!

Short hair can still be styled!

You can even dye it!
My ALL TIME favorite style. If you can pull this off, do it.





No comments:

Post a Comment