Wednesday, February 6, 2013

perfect tones

A lot of people have a hard time picking out colors for their skin tone, myself included. So I decided to provide some tips! When picking out clothes it's important to look at not only your skin color but also your hair and eye color! (this is also a little guide for prom dresses i guess)

If you are lighter skinned steer clear of light colors. Especially tan. If you have dark hair, light eyes and pale skin, or light hair, lights eyes, and pale skin choose rubies, sapphires, or black, white, and gray.
This is a random picture of Amory but this color looks awesome on her skin tone (also she just looks adorable)
I have an olive skin tone with light hair. I like to wear deep purples or light colors like tan, light pink, or mint. They make me look like a have more of a tan. Yellow brings out the yellowish tones in my skin so I try to avoid that color.

I chose a light pink for my prom dress because it makes my hair look blonder and my skin look more tan!
If you have dark skin and dark hair, corals and magentas look great. Don't wear too much brown or yellow, they're not always flattering.

My friend Shobana wore the PERFECT prom dress for her skin tone

Shobana is on the right. Doesn't she look great?
Picking clothes that match your features will make an outfit look even better!!

rock yo skin tones,

No comments:

Post a Comment