Monday, March 11, 2013

tumblr beauty vs real beauty

Don't get me wrong, I love me some tumblr... I'm seriously addicted and I'm obsessed with my blog... But! I have some issues with this website and the things that people post. There are two features of a woman's body that many bloggers on tumblr are literally obsessed with that I simply don't understand...
Exhibit A: The "Thigh Gap"
Exhibit B: The "Collarbone"
Yes, I acknowledge that these are both beautiful photos, but they're both examples of what the female body looks like when it is unnaturally skinny. Yes, some girls' bodies naturally do look like this, but many only do because of self harming behaviors. I want my dash to be filled with pictures of gorgeous girls of all shapes and sizes! Curves are beautiful! Muscles are beautiful! I find myself sometimes feeling insecure because I might not be built like Cara Delevingne, my thighs touch and my collar bone is nowhere in sight... But I give zero f@%*s because I love who I am and 99% of the time. We all have those days when we feel somewhat unlovable... I'm actually having one right now, but that's why I'm writing this right now. Let's all feel those warm, fuzzy, rainbow, unicorn feelings inside of ourselves and realize how beautiful we all really are. 

As my dear friend Kelsey frequently says, "Love yoself!"

No comments:

Post a Comment