Tuesday, March 19, 2013

purple hair don't care

So last thursday I was feeling a little rebellious, and I'd been thinking about dying my hair purple for a while. So... we did it! We went to Sally Beauty supply and picked up some semi-permanant hair dye.

Here's the dye we used. I used the "Violet" shade in the middle. It's a cool color. 
I was going for a lavender type look, and we started off using the dye without diluting it... Bad plan. Not only would we not have enough dye to finish all of my hair, but it would have turned out SO purple!! So only the bottom layer of my hair is extremely purple, which actually gives it a cool ombre look. After we decided to dilute the dye with some water, it went much better. 

Here's what the dye looked like in the mason jar we were using. Yes, I definitely recommend using more professional tools than a jar and hands... haha.

We were a little frightened...

But it turned out alright!

This picture shows how purple it really is.

This one does not. It really is much more purple than this picture makes it look. But I'm sure I'll have ashy/gray hair for a while. That'll be cool I hope!

#purplehairdontcare

Overall, here's what we learned:
  • Put some more thought into dying your hair than simply going and buying dye. Think of the other things you'll need such as a brush to put the dye on with.
  • Dilute it if you want a less vibrant color.
  • Do it in the shower so you don't get the mess everywhere!
  • Don't be scared, just go for it!! It's hair. Seriously, if somebody really has a problem with my hair being purple, they clearly care too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment