Monday, March 4, 2013

Blind as a bat, like me!

I never understood why kids with glasses got made fun of... Seriously! When I first found out that I needed to wear glasses I was 11, and I was excited! I loved picking out my glasses and wearing them; I felt like hot stuff. I got made fun of for wearing them though, which I just didn't (and still don't) get. It's not like I chose to have bad eyesight. I didn't car though, I still wore my dorky orange glasses with pride.

For all you girls out there who suffer through contact lenses all day and only wear your glasses in the comfort of your room at night, I'd highly suggest wearing them out more. I recently got a pair of glasses that I absolutely LOVE! I get so many compliments on them every day, it makes me feel so good, haha! Seriously though, my glasses define my style nowadays. Apparently the men folk also find them somewhat sexy? I guess there's something to be said for that geek chic/sexy librarian type look.

I also know that glasses can be SUPER expensive... I've definitely paid too much for previous pairs. But I recently purchased a pair online. Let's just say I got a ridiculously good deal. While it's not unusual to drop a few Benjamins on some killer frames, I paid only $12. I know, it seems like some sort of scam. It's not! I promise! This website, coastal.com has a "first pair free" offer that allows you to pay only shipping and tax (and extra features like polarized lenses if you want them). They have a seriously great selection, and I found the perfect pair!!



Just wanted to do a little shout out to all of you lovelies who are just like me: blind as a freaking bat.

No comments:

Post a Comment